- Adapts leadership style to inspire and mentor teams of various levels to reach their full potential and produce the best work possible;
- Ability to lead the prioritization and management of both team and individual work, ensuring everyone adheres to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrates capacity to move a project forward while still taking the time to foster the talents of the creative team and encouraging collaboration and camaraderie;
- Manages a team and coaches them to quality performance;
- Organizes and manages brainstorm sessions across the creative department including but not limited to: Copywriters, Editors, and Designers;
- Demonstrates a strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely feedback to keep work on budget and on schedule;
- Ability to clearly articulate and help their team understand what needs to get done so they are fully set up for success;
- Manages multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly while staying on deadline and within budget;
- Lead ideation and copywriting for a wide range of marketing outputs including, but not limited to, short-form video, editorial content, interactive web experiences, social content, experiential activations and traditional broadcast;
- Leads, inspires and collaborates with the team to produce inventive, thoughtful and relevant work;
- Leads and champions the generation of ideas, including both art and copy concepts, for all brands and campaigns;
- Reviews and approves the work of all direct reports before seeking the approval of the CEO of Creative Production for dissemination to other departments or clients;
- Represents the company in front of clients and presents ideas to clients;
- Presents ideas that are strategically sound, based in research, and meets client expectations;
- Responsible for final review of all concepts and approving final work product for all team members before it is delivered to other internal departments or clients;
- Work with Operations and Project Management to provide scope and estimates to delegate resources to a variety of creative projects;
- Provides regular performance feedback to direct reports, including crafting and delivering performance reviews.
Ideation & Copywriting
- Ideates and writes creative that satisfies the brief, aligns with the brand’s strategy and contributes to behavior change;
- Develops creative that is strategic, forward-thinking, and in-line with current media trends;
- Takes ownership of copy and ideation assignments and develops creative that meets a very high standard;
- Pushes the agency and clients towards fresh, exciting ideas through innovative ideation and copywriting.
- Helps lead the charge in identifying future SKU’s Sawtooth can sell under its creative portfolio (IE Branding Packages)
- Other duties as required.